Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Unnamed Dessert = Bad News!

This is the #1 dessert you go to when you are craving something bad! Chocolate and almonds made into a rich, raw, frozen dessert that will make you say MMMMMM!! The best part: only natural ingredients are used... it's naturally sweet and full of the good fats! Careful not to have too much though, as this dessert is packed with calories! I am guilty for overloading on this! Shhh...  Once you try this, you will understand :)

Here it is... It's called The Unnamed Dessert! I came across this recipe on Healthy Girl's Kitchen. If I were to name this dessert though, I think I would call it "The Satisfy-Your-Chocolate-Crave Brick." Ha! This is delicious and I love it, but definitely dense!
 
The Unnamed Dessert

Ingredients
  • 16 ounces Medjool dates, pitted
  • 2 cups of almond milk
  • 10 oz almond butter 
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 cups raw almonds, chopped
Directions
  1. Place the dates in a container and pour the almond milk over the dates. Place the container in the refrigerator and allow to soak overnight.
  2. Pour the dates and almond milk mix into a food processor.
  3. Add the almond butter, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Blend until the mixture is smooth and spreadable.
  4. Into a 9x9 casserole dish, sprinkle a thin layer of almonds on the bottom of the dish.
  5. Pour the date mixture on top of the almond layer.
  6. Add the remaining almonds to the top of the date mixture.
  7. Freeze overnight or until frozen solid before serving.
  8. Cut into squares and serve frozen.

2 comments:

  1. So I'm making my menu for the week... and I'm pretty sure this is going to make it! lol! It just sounds too good! :) I totally need some 'Satisfy-Your-Chocolate-Crave-Brick'!

    ReplyDelete