Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hummus: How do you eat it?

For all those who like hummus... how do you eat it? With fresh vegetables? Pita chips? On a pita sandwich? Or maybe even by itself?! Ha!

Well... let me tell you... I LOVE hummus! And I found a great recipe in Veganomicon that I insist on sharing with you all! This is a classic recipe that is just perfect with fresh veggies! I also used this hummus recipe in my Too Good-To-Be-True, Healthy Nori Rolls! Yum, yum, yum!

Veganomicon's Hummus Recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 (15-oz) cans chickpeas (I used slightly more than this, one 15-oz can and one 19-oz can)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp tahini
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Pinch of coriander
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • Paprika (optional)
Directions
  1. Puree half of the chickpeas and olive oil in a food processor by pulsing serveral times and stirring a few times in between.
  2. Add the remaining chickpeas and olive oil, as well as the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, water, coriander, salt, and pepper.
  3. Pulse several times and stir, until the desired creamy consistency.
  4. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with paprika.
  5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with fresh vegetables or pita chips or use as a spread on a sandwhich.
To the cooks of Veganomicon, Isa and Terry: Thank you so much for the wonderful recipes!!

2 comments:

  1. Your hummus looks delish! I'm boring and like my hummus best with pita chips or just regular pita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it in wraps or with pita chips

    ReplyDelete